BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
claudiodejesusa
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone,

I'm preparing scripts to create table on Databricks from SAS Viya 3.5 RH 7.9. Now I'm using the SAS/ACCESS TO JDBC which works Good about reading table from Databricks (tested by me), but I have problems with write table to Databricks. It's important to mention that the Physical space of Databricks Schema is ADLS2. I tried this with other database Hadoop with SAS/ACCESS TO HADOOP and have statement to work with EXTERNAL TABLE and EXTERNAL_LOCATION, but with the connector SAS-JDBC (Databricks), i can't use that statements.

@sasviya @sasprogramming

Please your help,

Thanks,

Claudio

This is my code:

claudiodejesusa_2-1700745197395.png

Also permissions I have on the space

claudiodejesusa_1-1700745082262.png

Claudio
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
claudiodejesusa
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everone,

Thanks for the help, i found the mistake on my code, i use the preffix https instead of abfss. I want to share the correct code to write a external table on databricks-adls2 with SAS Viya using JDBC Connector. You have to use POST_STMT_OPTS on Data-Step Statement.

Claudio

claudiodejesusa_0-1700794003200.png

Claudio

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

A log would be nice, to understand what the problem is.

But if you take the SQL that is returned by your SASTRACE, and excute it within Databricks - what happens then?

Data never sleeps
claudiodejesusa
Obsidian | Level 7

Sorry for not send the log. I understand that this error is because the privilege that I have on my blob storage is just CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE. The security area of my company choose that setting. What alternative does i have considering that i have connection with SAS/ACCESS JDBC to Databricks. When i try the options DBCREATE_TABLE_LOCATION, it is not supported by JDBC and got syntax error on SAS.

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/da/pgmsascdc/v_042/acreldb/p0hbggr9cfmadzn1px40rne6o59n.htm

thanks,

Claudio

claudiodejesusa_0-1700759367391.png

Claudio
claudiodejesusa
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everone,

Thanks for the help, i found the mistake on my code, i use the preffix https instead of abfss. I want to share the correct code to write a external table on databricks-adls2 with SAS Viya using JDBC Connector. You have to use POST_STMT_OPTS on Data-Step Statement.

Claudio

claudiodejesusa_0-1700794003200.png

Claudio

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation