BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
lchristensen
Obsidian | Level 7

We run SAS V.9.4 on Windows-7 servers. I am building JCL for what will be a thousand or so jobs to do regression testing on some software. These jobs run on an IBM z/OS mainframe.

The intent is to FTP the output file. I want a member name for each job. I am not certain what is needed.

The code in LC_BLD_TESTJCL.txt sets some macro variables and then loads five arrays, then there is a series of do loops for each array.

In the inner most do loop there's an INCLUDE for LC_INCURQRY.txt that performs the put statements building the jobs. One of the macro variables, BCMAJCL, contains the name of the PDS I want to create.

As it is, I create a file on Windows that has the JCL and it looks good; however, the intent is to write each job to a PDS member. The member name is to be the same as the jobname which is built and is variable BCMAJNAM.

The current file written has a FILENAME of JCLBUILT. In this code I'm creating 32 jobs. I'll have more to add later.

I think I need to change the program to use FILENAMEJCLFTP and that somewhere in the INCLUDE I need to set FILE JCLFTP(&BCMAJNAM).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lchristensen
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you. As part of downloading source I needed to make some changes. I really didn't expect anyone to download and run it; I really thought someone might know what is needed to FTP to a mainframe host and close each member. I know it can be done, we used to have Pat Arti's I/O Driver and it's JCLMAGIC piece did that.

I had little time, so I made a work around. I added control cards for IBM's IEBUPDTE ( './ ADD' , './ ENDUP') and when I did the file transfer thru ISPF option 6 I then ran IEBUPDTE. So I'm done.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

I am not seeing any PUT statements that appear to write to the JCLBUILT file.

Also there is an %include file that does not match the name of the LC_INCUQRY that you posted.

You may have to show the actual an example of text in JCLBUILT and show us exactly where something needs to change. It has been over 30 years since I wrote any JCL and between a very fuzzy memory (don't remember //SYSTIN DD though maybe //SYSIN ) and no experience with PDS members at the time I have no idea where/what to look at for where a member might be.

Note for examples on the forums: Find a way to replace hard-coded paths to drives/folders we don't have so we can attempt to test code. For example, you can use a simple FILE PRINT instead of Filename pointing to a non-existen loaction in the data step code to write the results (after manual copy and paste of the LC_INCUQRY text instead of %include ) into the Results window. At least that way I can see results from the code.

lchristensen
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you. As part of downloading source I needed to make some changes. I really didn't expect anyone to download and run it; I really thought someone might know what is needed to FTP to a mainframe host and close each member. I know it can be done, we used to have Pat Arti's I/O Driver and it's JCLMAGIC piece did that.

I had little time, so I made a work around. I added control cards for IBM's IEBUPDTE ( './ ADD' , './ ENDUP') and when I did the file transfer thru ISPF option 6 I then ran IEBUPDTE. So I'm done.

Thank you.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation