BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
smijoss1
Quartz | Level 8

on SAS when i run a PROC HTTP for 

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/drives/<Drive-ID>/root:/%2FDocuments%2FSkype%20Recordings:/child...

it lists out all the files in the folder and generates a pre-authenticated link. is there a way i can directly use this link to download the file via sas in next proc http call ? I get the following error message. 

PS : I tired with and without the access token 😞 

SAS GRID

SAS version : 9.04.01M4P110916

SAS server : Linux

Azure API Permissions : 

Files.ReadWrite.All
User.Read

PROC SQL;
SELECT cats("'",_microsoft_graph_downloadUrl,"'") as web_dwnld_Url length=2000
into :_web_dwnld_Url
FROM  WORK.SMIJO t1
WHERE Item_Name = "CROSSWALK_GROUPS_TO_INCLUDE v201904.XLS";
QUIT;

filename fileout "%sysfunc(Pathname(Work))/CROSSWALK_GROUPS_TO_INCLUDE v201904.XLS";
%let _rc = %sysfunc(Fdelete(fileout));

proc http url=&_web_dwnld_Url. method='GET' out = fileout; headers "Authorization"="Bearer &access_token." ; run;

ERROR: Secure communications error status 807ff019 description "SSL Error: Invalid subject name in partner's certificate. Subject
name must match machine name."
ERROR: SSL Error: Invalid subject name in partner's certificate. Subject name must match machine name.
ERROR: Call to tcpSockContinueSSL failed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
smijoss1
Quartz | Level 8

Enable Implicit Grant for the  :/Content URL to redirect to download URL. 

without this sas/curl  output will only show URL

image.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You can accomplish this, but it requires some setup.  I've documented the entire process here:

Using SAS to access and update files on Microsoft OneDrive (Office 365)

I've included links to utility macros on GitHub that can help.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content! Submit your proposals before Sept 16. Accepted presenters get amazing perks to attend the conference!
smijoss1
Quartz | Level 8

That is the blog i refereed to get till here (THANK YOU For the Blog! the steps were well explained.) 

I was able to get DriveID , and Item IDs by listing files inside a SP folder (i did find using relative path on URL method more easy as you could skip getting the Drive ID step) 

I used the same method mentioned on the blog to download the file but its throwing "partner certificate does not match" error. 

I did some search online and most said its because the domain on URL does not match the Machine. 

So instead of using the Drive ID and Item-ID  I tried to use the Pre-authenticated URL provided by API when i list files from folder.

it works well when i put it into chorme but in SAS it still gives the same "partner certificate does not match".

I raised a support request with SAS as i feel this might me a setup issue on SAS Grid. I will update you on what they say. 

So far they they directed me to your Blog to read and give the logs accordingly.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

It might be a cert issue with Linux -- I wonder if you might need to try one of the SSL cert-related options.  See this doc.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content! Submit your proposals before Sept 16. Accepted presenters get amazing perks to attend the conference!
smijoss1
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Chris,

I tried the method mentioned ( i copied the subject name and Serial number from certificate i see in browser ) 

however SAS did not like it. (screenshot below)

I also tried %let SSLCALISTLOC=/gpfsFS2/home/o815539/test_SP_Cert/cert_SP_Cloud_Smijo.pem;

and that too didnt work.

image.png

i downloaded the Certificates ( as per http://javamemento.blogspot.com/2015/10/using-curl-with-ssl-cert-chain.html )

and tried it on my CURL command and it worked without any errors.  ( without having to use -k or --insecure) 

filename test pipe 'curl --cacert /gpfsFS2/home/o815539/test_SP_Cert/cert_SP_Cloud_Smijo.pem --url <Download URL> /aim/mmc/mmc_Share/TEMP/smijo.xlsx';

is there an option in proc Http where i could pass the certificate path ? i tried searching couldnt fine one. 

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Are you running SAS with ENCODING=UTF8?  That's what I recommend, as the Microsoft API can definitely return data that is not representable in the default latin1/wlatin1 encoding.  The error you shared seems to indicate that the data you're getting cannot be transcoded as is...and SAS isn't very tolerant of that.

smijoss1
Quartz | Level 8

Enable Implicit Grant for the  :/Content URL to redirect to download URL. 

without this sas/curl  output will only show URL

image.png

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation