BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Felix_
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Community!

Within the years of programming, i know there's a process in SAS implemented, notifying the user in multiple steps, about the license expiration. 

I found in many community posts the WARNING: Your system is scheduled to expire on [...]. But not the NOTE: [...]  which i know, comes before the warning iteration. 

I'd like to understand 

1. The multiple steps, and exact timing (when comes the NOTE [e.g. 6months before expiration], the warning, the ERROR, ...)

2. The Wording of the NOTE, WARNING, ERROR

The latter especially, as i'd like to scan the log to generate a pop-up window forcing the user to take care on the NOTE and WARNING to prevent license to actually expire. 

Thanks in advance - your help is as always well appreciated,

Felix

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
japelin
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Basically, it's a month, but the number of days varies from month to month, so submit this code and check log.

proc setinit;run;

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
japelin
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

As far as I know.
The day after the grace period ends, WARNING will be output to the log to indicate that the expiration is imminent.
After the end of the warning period, SAS log windows will be displayed to inform you of the expiration date, and SAS will no longer start.
It would be better to contact SAS for the correct information.

I've attached the log as an image for your reference.

2021-08-17_17h42_07.png

2021-09-17_17h42_30.png

You can easily check those log by changing the date on your PC.

japelin
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If you want to check the expiration date, I think it is better to check the result of proc setinit instead of checking the log.

The following may be of help.
https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Procedures/Can-I-redirect-PROC-SETINIT-to-OUTPUT-instead-of-LOG/t...

Felix_
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you so far for the details. Does someone know how long the grace-period, warning-period and error-period lasts?

japelin
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Basically, it's a month, but the number of days varies from month to month, so submit this code and check log.

proc setinit;run;

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

As others point out, PROC SETINIT gives you some details. Also if you have the original SID / SETINIT file that was applied, you can see that GRACE and WARN are configured there. The values may differ based on site and policies set in your agreement, though as others have said, most have a standard warn and grace period.

PROC SETINIT RELEASE='9.4';                                                                                            
 SITEINFO NAME='your company'                                                                                  
 SITE=yoursitenum OSNAME='WX64_E' RECREATE WARN=55 GRACE=45   
Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation