BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JJP1
Pyrite | Level 9

hi all,

i need to build a SAS DI job by making use of SAS datasets that are part of user manager category in SMC application like person,email,etc datasets.

So i know that i can make use of userwritten code transformation by calling %mduextr macro.

but  would you please suggest is there any option can i see these datasets somewhere in SAS libraries please ?

for example how dictionary.columns are present in SASHELP library in a similar way any option to get the user manager SAS datasets ?

5 REPLIES 5
LeonidBatkhan
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi JJP1,

When you call %mduextr macro you specify a library reference as its parameter, for example

%mduextr(libref=WORK);

Then all of the data sets that produced by this macro can be found in the WORK library: WORK.PERSON, WORK.LOGINS, WORK.EMAIL, etc. These data sets do not exist before you invoke this macro.

Please see my blog post SAS administrators tip: Keeping track of SAS users for code example.

Hope this helps.

JJP1
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks @LeonidBatkhan .

Is there any option that can i register these datasets that are present in work library and use in SAS DI jobs development as input please ?

LeonidBatkhan
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi JJP1,

It's not possible to register data sets from WORK library since WORK library SAS session-specific. However, you can create a permanent library, say MUSERS, then run

%mduextr(libref=MUSERS);

and then you can register tables created by this macro in the metadata. The data tables in that library will update every time you run

%mduextr(libref=MUSERS);

You won't need to re-register these tables as their structure stays the same.

Hope this helps.

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

How current do you expect the information to be? The server-admins could schedule a task calling mduextr daily and writing the data to permanent library. But then you won't see any of the changes that took place after the macro has been called. I don't think that it is possible to create views like those in sashelp-library that are automatically updated.

JJP1
Pyrite | Level 9

yes thanks @andreas_lds . I was assuming that that there might be an option which i am not aware of.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation