BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi,

I'm using SAS 9.4 (purchased software) for the first time in my life after years of using SAS Studio -- onDemand for Academics. 

I used the following general code in *both* SAS 9.4 & SAS Studio.

proc format 
	library=lookup 
	cntlin=work.formatlibdm 
	fmtlib; 
run;

This is the visually awesome, nice output I get from SAS Studio ODA: 

dimpz429_0-1644299432947.png

I used the *SAME* code on a paid, desktop version of SAS 9.4 (SAS 9.4 TS Level 1MR) [Caveat: slightly differently named variables in this output].

I get this EXTREMELY clunky, hard-to-read output that is not functional at all because I have to refer to these formats in future programs:

dimpz429_1-1644300053750.png

How do I configure the desktop version to output nicer listing outputs (just

like the one in SAS Studio with proper borders/demarcations/no unneeded

underscores)? 

Thank you guys for all your help; I appreciate it so much 😁!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hi @anonymous_user,

It looks like you're using the ODS Listing destination in both cases, but with different fonts and possibly different settings of the FORMCHAR system option. (As mentioned by Ksharp, ODS HTML output would look quite different.)

If you want to stick to the Listing output (which is my favorite ODS destination), changing the font (via Tools → Options → Fonts... from the Output window) to Sasfont or SAS Monospace should improve the output with the default FORMCHAR characters

options formchar='‚ƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š‹Œ+=|-/\<>*';

(note that these look very different in the relevant SAS fonts).

The second best option: Using

options formchar='|----|+|---+=|-/\<>*';

should work with your current font and many other common fonts. It's also what you've used in your SAS Studio session.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ksharp
Super User
What is your output destination ? HTML or Listening . If it was HTML ,should be look good .
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hi @anonymous_user,

It looks like you're using the ODS Listing destination in both cases, but with different fonts and possibly different settings of the FORMCHAR system option. (As mentioned by Ksharp, ODS HTML output would look quite different.)

If you want to stick to the Listing output (which is my favorite ODS destination), changing the font (via Tools → Options → Fonts... from the Output window) to Sasfont or SAS Monospace should improve the output with the default FORMCHAR characters

options formchar='‚ƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š‹Œ+=|-/\<>*';

(note that these look very different in the relevant SAS fonts).

The second best option: Using

options formchar='|----|+|---+=|-/\<>*';

should work with your current font and many other common fonts. It's also what you've used in your SAS Studio session.

Thank you so much for your help!! The first options statement worked perfectly. I appreciate your thoroughness in helping me a lot!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation