BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
petlove
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I am running multiple program by using %include statement in one global program. To run these programs on Unix, my server uses SAS9.3.

I have XYZ program, which needs to be run on SAS9.4 since it uses XLSX engine. Our server allows this program to run by using "ec4" command on Putty.

However, when I run my global program (which has %include statement), it shows ERROR for this XYZ program since it needs to be run in SAS9.4.

Can anyone guide me how should I run multiple programs by using SAS9.4 and what changes needed to be done in global programs?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

An %INCLUDE statement  doesn't run programs separately but it just allows you to store program code in separate files.

SAS will run all the code in sequence and it makes logically no difference if you store all the code in a single "global program" or in multiple files and then %include the code from the global program - everything executes together in a single session.

So.... If you want to run one of the included programs in a different session (or even on a different server) you need to spawn a different process. One option is to use a RSUBMIT block. 

To do so SAS/Connect must be licensed on both your SAS9.3 and SAS9.4 machine and you must be allowed to connect from the SAS9.3 environment to the SAS9.4 environment.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/connref/63066/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1ei6waa9q1feln0zs...

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Your description doesn't make much sense.

If you can run the XYX program using ec4 command then just run your master program using the same command.

Of course how XYX works might be different if you include it into the middle of another program since that outer program might have changed options or created macro variables or librefs that will make XYZ behave different than if it is run by itself.

Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Run the "global program" through "ec4"

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation