BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi all,

The readme.md file on GitHub for the SAS Extension for Visual Studio Code indicates there ability to run code while connecting to remote SAS 9.4 server. Newly added feature beyond connecting and running code on SAS Viya.

Are there any detailed/video instruction on how to do that?

Has any one been able to connect and run code on SAS 9.4 server from VS Code and willing to share the steps?

This is what I have tried so far, and I'm still getting Errors!

1. Created public & private ssh keys, and I'm able to connect to my Remote Server host without password
  2. Defined Windows Environment variable SSH_AUTH_SOCK=22
  3. Defined Windows Environment variable DISPLAY=localhost0:0  

When trying to connect to my SAS 9.4 server, I'm getting this error

"Invalid cygwin unix socket path"!!

And I don't see anywhere in the SAS Extension settings anything about Cygwin!? 

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @AhmedAl_Attar,

The SAS Extension for VS Code v0.1.5 was released last night. Besides new features, we've provided step-by-step instructions on setting up the connection to a SAS 9.4 remote server. Please take a look and attempt your setup and connection again. If you continue to have issues, please reply to this thread and we will continue to investigate your errors.

Thanks,

Joe 

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XL, SAS Innovate 2024 Recap
Wednesday, May 15, 2024, at 10 a.m. ET | #SASBowl

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @AhmedAl_Attar,

The SAS Extension for VS Code v0.1.5 was released last night. Besides new features, we've provided step-by-step instructions on setting up the connection to a SAS 9.4 remote server. Please take a look and attempt your setup and connection again. If you continue to have issues, please reply to this thread and we will continue to investigate your errors.

Thanks,

Joe 

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XL, SAS Innovate 2024 Recap
Wednesday, May 15, 2024, at 10 a.m. ET | #SASBowl

AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @joeFurbee ,

Thank you for the response and the elaboration in the connect-and-run.md file on GitHub. 

Best regards,

Ahmed

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation