BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @harmonic
As an after thought to what I said earlier try running this in the container before executing the Gross_test_01

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/full_path_of_libgross.so
harmonic
Obsidian | Level 7
Yes I am trying to install c++ in the container also compile the code in static mode.
Should I put the local path like this?
C:/C/bld/libgross.so
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @harmonic 

As I said earlier run this statement before running your code.
I have made a correction only folder path needs to be included not the filename.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/full_path_of_folder_containing_libgross.so

Please run this immediately before running Gross_test_01. It should work. Then you would not need C++ in the container at all.
If your libraries are statically bound into Gross_test_01 and the OS in the host and docker is the same, I don't expect that C++ is needed in the container.
The basic principle is that C++ compiles a program to machine language. If all libraries are statically bound, then nothing should be needed as long as OS is the same.
The size of the executable would however  be large.
However if the libraries are dynamically linked then libraries are needed.

harmonic
Obsidian | Level 7

I think this is not a Sas problem anymore, I don't know maybe is the virtual container the problem.

fabiopuddu_0-1701269771732.png

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14
Hello
I agree it is neither a SAS nor a container problem.
It is the case of missing libraries.
My earlier replies list possible solutions.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation