BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
msf2021
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone,

I am trying to make a program in python that allows me to go to a folder where i have an egp. and runs that egp and saves a copy with the "result" of that run (it saves the egp after it runs so i can see if the sas log if there's some error while running). 

I tried to use a package i found online (GitHub - kjnh10/saseg_runner: Run egp file from python)

from saseg_runner import run_egp, SASEGRuntimeError
run_egp(egp_path='project.egp', eg_version='3.8', profile_name='profile')

but i got an error 

---> 48 app = win32com.client.Dispatch(f'SASEGObjectModel.Application.{eg_version}')

com_error: (-2147221005, 'Invalid class string', None, None)

Does anyone know how to solve this or has any idea how i can run the egp in a easy way? 

Thanks in advanced!

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Why have you specified a version of 3.8 in posted code? Also I suspect this package expects 32-bit EG. What is the bitness of your EG?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation