BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jacksonan123
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I have been using a Lenovo think pad to do my SAS analyses and I had a path:

infile '/folders/myfolders/Boot_ped/refs/REF.CTL'

Which worked with no issues.  I recently purchased a DELL work station and now when I use the same path I get the following error

ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /folders/myfolders/Boot_ped/refs/REF.CTL.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time):
real time 0.00 seconds
cpu time 0.00 seconds

I have tried several different paths but none seem to work.  Can anyone speculate as to why the path would change and what would be the new path?  Is there a way to verify path?

I have tried this under virtual box and VMware with same results. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amir
PROC Star

Not sure what SAS product you are using. See if you can open the file through SAS using an open dialog box, or by navigating to it through a server path.

If you do manage to locate the file, then try getting properties on the file (e.g., right-click on it and then select properties), this would typically bring up the path to the file and then you could try copying and pasting it into your code to prevent any transcription errors.

If you are still having problems then consider if the file was created by some other process on your old machine and consider if that process needs to be run using the new machine.

If you can't navigate to the file (i.e., you can't find it as SAS has said) then I would suggest you need to create it.

Make sure any earlier processes that were supposed to have created it have completed correctly bu checking the logs or even just run them again if necessary.

Kind regards,

Amir.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

When SAS tells you a file is not there, it's not there.

Make sure that the shared folder is set up correctly.

Check the spelling of file and path names; the UNIX in the virtual machine is case sensitive.

jacksonan123
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
I have tried all of the things you suggested and none worked. To determine
if the I had access to the programs, I opened a sas program from the
directory on the side.

It loaded without issue so I am unsure if that tells me anything or not. I
returned to the shared files set up to see if I had made an error but I saw
no issue.

Amir
PROC Star

Not sure what SAS product you are using. See if you can open the file through SAS using an open dialog box, or by navigating to it through a server path.

If you do manage to locate the file, then try getting properties on the file (e.g., right-click on it and then select properties), this would typically bring up the path to the file and then you could try copying and pasting it into your code to prevent any transcription errors.

If you are still having problems then consider if the file was created by some other process on your old machine and consider if that process needs to be run using the new machine.

If you can't navigate to the file (i.e., you can't find it as SAS has said) then I would suggest you need to create it.

Make sure any earlier processes that were supposed to have created it have completed correctly bu checking the logs or even just run them again if necessary.

Kind regards,

Amir.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation