BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DCL
Obsidian | Level 7 DCL
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am looking for pseudonymizing few records in my data using asymmetric keys.

i.e. encryption: clear text ---key1--->cipher 

decryption: cipher --key2--->clear text

Is this possible in SAS?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

By "assymetric keys" do you mean a different key to decrypt then encrypt?

And are you looking to do this for only selected fields or the entire data set?

SAS does support data set encryption using the data set option Encrypt=yes and related options for setting passwords and such, or with SAS/Secure  licensed you can have AES encryption for the set.

I don't believe these allow "assymetric keys" though.

DCL
Obsidian | Level 7 DCL
Obsidian | Level 7
hi,

Yes, I do want this encrypted using asymmetric keys because the intention is to grant only a specific set of users, who have the special key, to decrypt the data.

And, i would want this to be done only to specific records- not something to be configured at the dataset level.
ballardw
Super User

@DCL wrote:
hi,

Yes, I do want this encrypted using asymmetric keys because the intention is to grant only a specific set of users, who have the special key, to decrypt the data.

And, i would want this to be done only to specific records- not something to be configured at the dataset level.

Beyond my level of expertise to say yeah or nay with certainty. I would suggest contacting SAS tech support.

SAS does have the ability to use externally written algorithms using some procedures such a Proc Proto to register C program functions for use or Proc Groovy for same Java functionality. So it may be possible to use an external package of some sort.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation