BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
singhsahab
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi All,

I do have more then 3 million record in my table. how i can export it in excel sheet. As we know excel is supporting only 1048576 number of rows. i will look forward for your response.  

Thank you in advance .

Regards,

S.S

2 REPLIES 2
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@singhsahab wrote:

Hi All,

I do have more then 3 million record in my table. how i can export it in excel sheet. As we know excel is supporting only 1048576 number of rows. i will look forward for your response.  

Thank you in advance .

Regards,

S.S

Seems silly to force something into a format that cannot handle it.  You need to split the data.  If you use the XLSX engine then it is just like splitting into separate datasets (only the performance will be much worse).

libname out xlsx 'way_too_large.xlsx';
data out.one;
  set have (obs=1000000);
run;
data out.two;
  set have (firstobs=1000001 obs=2000000);
run;
data out.three
  set have (firstobs=2000001 obs=3000000);
run;
ballardw
Super User

Just how do you expect to actually use 3 million records in a program that only wants to support 1 million?????

If this is one of those "the boss says it needs to be in Excel" with a very specific reason I would then ask the boss "What do you want to do with the 2 million records that Excel won't support?"

I've to fight that particular fight off and on since the time Excel only supported 64K records.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation