BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kajal_30
Quartz | Level 8

I am trying to read SAS catalog. I have printed out all the contents of the catalog but now I want to see what information in stored in each content .

Please help and provide code if possible

Kajal

4 REPLIES 4
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@kajal_30 wrote:

I am trying to read SAS catalog. I have printed out all the contents of the catalog but now I want to see what information in stored in each content .

Please help and provide code if possible

Kajal

What tool to use will depend on what type of catalog entries you have.

Are they SAS formats?  Then use the FMTLIB option on the PROC FORMAT satement.

kajal_30
Quartz | Level 8

I can only see the columns as names , type,date created, date modified as the result of contents .But how about if I need to see further in each catalog?

ballardw
Super User

@kajal_30 wrote:

I can only see the columns as names , type,date created, date modified as the result of contents .But how about if I need to see further in each catalog?

Show us the Types of entries.

Many of the catalog entries cannot be "read". Sometimes the contents or use can be displayed but the approach depends on the type.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

So what types of objects are in this catalogs?

Why not ask SAS?

proc freq data=sashelp.vcatalg order=freq ;
  tables memtype objtype;
run;

Add a WHERE clause to restrict on LIBNAME and/or MEMNAME to see the result for just some of the libraries that you current have defined.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation