BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Tri_Luong
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone,

I wanna use Proc SQL to create a new table in which I would like to get the observations with condition "WHERE" that REPORT_DATE between "first date of x+1 month(s) ago" and "2 days after last date of x month(s) ago". For eg.

If x = 1 --> data from 01/11/2018 to 03/01/2019.

Thank you so much for your help.

Tri Luong.

It is never late for learning.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@Tri_Luong wrote:

Hi everyone,

I wanna use Proc SQL to create a new table in which I would like to get the observations with condition "WHERE" that REPORT_DATE between "first date of x+1 month(s) ago" and "2 days after last date of x month(s) ago". For eg.

Tri Luong.

By AGO I assume you mean relative to the day that the program is run. You can use the DATE() function (alias TODAY()) to get the current date or "&sysdate9"d to get the date that the SAS session started.

To calculate a relative date use the INTNX() function.

Let's assume X is in macro variable.

REPORT_DATE between
intnx('month',"&sysdate9"d,-&x-1,'b')
and
intnx('month',"&sysdate9"d,-&x,'e')+2

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Please show test data in the form of a datastep:
https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-a-data-step-version-of-your-dat...

And then show what you want out from that test data.  Saying you want to code something very vague will not get you good answers.

At a guess, join on the dates having min()per group and max() per group joined by group, then you will have all the information on each row.

ballardw
Super User

Is this "x months ago" from the Report_date variable or some other variable or date? Where does the value for X come from, a variable, calculated or fixed in the code?

And possibly a critical question: Is report_date a SAS date value?

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Working-with-Dates-and-Times-in-SAS-Tutorial/... has a PDF with much information about dates.

Tri_Luong
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank for your response,

About "X", I meant it is fixed value will be declared manually by user depending on their purpose in certain situation. 

Thanks.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@Tri_Luong wrote:

Hi everyone,

Tri Luong.

By AGO I assume you mean relative to the day that the program is run. You can use the DATE() function (alias TODAY()) to get the current date or "&sysdate9"d to get the date that the SAS session started.

To calculate a relative date use the INTNX() function.

Let's assume X is in macro variable.

REPORT_DATE between
intnx('month',"&sysdate9"d,-&x-1,'b')
and
intnx('month',"&sysdate9"d,-&x,'e')+2
Tri_Luong
Obsidian | Level 7

It worked. Thank so much.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation