BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jenim514
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi all,  

I am trying to remove a space between footnotes and a table using PARSKIP and VSPACE.  This worked for removing the space but it also removed the space between the header/ title and the table (which I don't want).  Our footnotes are pulled in using a separate macro which I don't want to mess with.  SO is there a way to update this code to affect the space after the table only?

jenim514_0-1703703196192.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ksharp
Super User

Use %footnote in LINE statement ?

If there were multi-rows in %footnote , you need manipulate it on your own before LINE.

compute after/style={bordertopcolor=black bordertopwidth=2px borderbottomcolor=white borderbottomwidth=2px just=l};
line "%footnotes";
endcomp;

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ksharp
Super User

You could mimic FOOTNOTE by LINE statement.

Here is an example:

title 'xxxxxxxxxx';
%let footnote=zzzzzzzz;

ods tagsets.rtf file='c:\temp\temp.rtf' style=journal;
proc report data=sashelp.class nowd style={outputwidth=100%};

compute after/style={bordertopcolor=black bordertopwidth=2px borderbottomcolor=white borderbottomwidth=2px just=l};
line "&footnote.";
endcomp;

run;
ods tagsets.rtf close;

Ksharp_0-1703730144046.png

jenim514
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi @Ksharp .  Thank you for the example.  This could possibly work, but is there a way to call a macro using %let?  I need to call  global macro %footnotes (as it contains all footnotes being pulled in from an excel file etc).   I know %let footnote=%footnotes (global macro) does not work, but trying to think of some work around so I can use %footnotes  in LINE without manipulating our %footnotes global macro.

Ksharp
Super User

Use %footnote in LINE statement ?

If there were multi-rows in %footnote , you need manipulate it on your own before LINE.

line "%footnotes";
endcomp;
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@jenim514 wrote:

Hi @Ksharp .  Thank you for the example.  This could possibly work, but is there a way to call a macro using %let?  I need to call  global macro %footnotes (as it contains all footnotes being pulled in from an excel file etc).   I know %let footnote=%footnotes (global macro) does not work, but trying to think of some work around so I can use %footnotes  in LINE without manipulating our %footnotes global macro.

To answer that you would have to explain what your FOOTNOTES macro generates.  If it generates actual FOOTNOTE statements then it won't work.  You would need to change the macro to generate LINE statements instead.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation