BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LeniLesola
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello!

Can someone help me how to set a reference of a covariate? In my case, I want to set the highest education category as a reference for the covariate education.

So this is my code, education is ISCED_gr and reference need to be ISCED_gr=3 or high:

proc fmm data=work.GruppierungAlternew;
class PHQg_gr Altersgruppe Alkoholkonsum Rauchstatus ISCED_gr;
model OHIPg = PHQg_gr Altersgruppe Alkoholkonsum Rauchstatus ISCED_gr/ cl dist=tpoisson;
model OHIPg = / cl dist=constant;
probmodel Altersgruppe PHQg_gr ISCED_gr Alkoholkonsum Rauchstatus /cl;
run;

Thanks a lot!!!

2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Well, REF=LAST is the default, so the analysis you propose should set the estimate for ISCED_gr=3 to zero, which establishes it as the reference category.

SteveDenham

SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

Proc FMM is not as flexible as some of the other procedures with respect to the CLASS statement and explicitly defining the reference level.  Instead, you can adjust the order of CLASS variable levels with the ORDER= option in the PROC FMM statement.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation