BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DavePrinsloo
Pyrite | Level 9
I need to extract data  from hive tables that contain timestamps.  The timestamp values are adjusted by exactly 1 or 2 hours when copying the tables to SAS. 
This means that datetime values that should be 31DEC9999:00:00:00 are extracted as 30DEC9999:23:00:00.
How can this be prevented.   
The options timezone is blank.
The server is in Germany and I suspect that the difference of 1 or 2 hours depends on whether it is summer (day light savings) time winter.   
libname pdoa hadoop uri="jdbc:hive2://datalab-hive-prod.gslb.db.com:10000/pr_pwcc_analysis;principal=hive/datalab-hive-prod.gslb.db.com@DBG.ADS.DB.COM;ssl=true?mapreduce.job.queuename=root.ACE-S-FRA-DATALAB-PROD-PC_PDOA;" server="datalab-hive-prod.gslb.db.com" port=10000 schema="pc_pdoa_analysis_pcb_nemp";

data pdoa; set pdoa.Eap_pd697h; where active=1 and partid=4000300; run;

When the same extract is done using ODBC, then the expected values are extracted.

I can work-around the issue using pass-thru and the from_utc_timestamp fucnction.

proc sql;
connect to hadoop (uri="jdbc:hive2://datalab-hive-prod.gslb.db.com:10000/pr_pwcc_analysis;principal=hive/datalab-hive-prod.gslb.db.com@DBG.ADS.DB.COM;ssl=true?mapreduce.job.queuename=root.PWCC.ACE-S-FRA-DATALAB-PROD-PC_PDOA" server="datalab-hive-prod.gslb.db.com" port=10000 schema="pc_pdoa_analysis_pcb_nemp" READ_METHOD=HDFS);
  create table test_pdoa as select * from connection to hadoop
(   
 SELECT from_utc_timestamp(ts_to,"Europe/Berlin") as ts_berlin,
FROM Eap_pd697h
where active=1 and partid=4000300
);
disconnect from hadoop ;
quit;

My question is:  Is there a way to adjust the libname statement so that the "from_utc_timestamp" conversion is applied to all timestamp / datetime columns automatically.

1 REPLY 1
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

You could look at the timezone option, but i suspect that's a rabbit hole more complex than the workaround you have in place.

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.2/nlsref/n0px72paaaqx06n1ozps024j78cl.htm

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation