BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
emmad511
Fluorite | Level 6
Hello! I have a problem related to proc sgplot. I have tried doing some code, but it didn't seem to work. Could someone help with this? Thanks in advance!

Here's the instructions of the problem: 

4. Use PROC SGPLOT to 
  a. Create a time series plot with smooth lines, where the time component (DATE) is the x-axis and the percent (StLouis) is the y-axis. 
    i. Add a blue line with line thickness equaled to 2. 
    ii.Add a legend label called ‘Economic Conditions Index for St. Louis, MO-IL (MSA)’. 
  b. Create a time series plot with smooth lines, where the time component (DATE) is the x-axis and the percent (RealGDP) is the y-axis.
    i. Add a red line with line thickness equaled to 2 
    ii. Add a legend label called ‘Real Gross Domestic Product’. 

Here's what I have so far:
proc import 
	out = StLouis 
    datafile = '/folders/myfolders/sasuser.v94/all_data/extdata/StLouisData.csv'
    dbms = CSV replace;
    getnames = YES;
run;
proc print data=StLouis;
run; 

proc sort data=StLouis;
  by Date StLouis;
run;

ods pdf style=analysis file="StLouis.pdf";
proc sgplot data=StLouis;
  loess x=Date y=StLouis / smooth nomarkers lineattrs=(color=blue thickness=2) legendlabel="Economic Conditons Index for St. Louis, MO-IL (MSA)";
run;

proc sort data=StLouis;
  by Date RealGDP;
run;

loess x=Date y=RealGDP / smooth lineattrs=(color=red thickness=2) legendlabel="Real Gross Domestric Product";
run;
ods pdf close;
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
emmad511
Fluorite | Level 6

It worked out! Thank you for your help:)

update: I didn't mean to select this reply as the correct answer... Since I don't know how to change it, I'll post the code I have right now.

Options papersize=(9in 3in);
ods pdf style=analysis file="/folders/myfolders/sasuser.v94/all_data/extdata/Overall Economy Activity.pdf";
  loess x=Date y=StLouis / smooth=10 lineattrs=(color=blue thickness=2) legendlabel="Economic Conditons Index for St. Louis, MO-IL (MSA)";
  loess x=Date y=RealGDP / smooth=5 lineattrs=(color=red thickness=2) legendlabel="Real Gross Domestric Product";;
  keylegend / location=outside position=bottomleft VALUEATTRS=(Size=8);
run;
ods pdf close;

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
japelin
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Specify an appropriate value for smooth.

smooth -> smooth=n

(Or you can remove smooth and sgplot will work.)

SGPLOT Procedure / LOESS Statement 

2021-04-09_13h38_06.png

emmad511
Fluorite | Level 6

It worked out! Thank you for your help:)

update: I didn't mean to select this reply as the correct answer... Since I don't know how to change it, I'll post the code I have right now.

Options papersize=(9in 3in);
ods pdf style=analysis file="/folders/myfolders/sasuser.v94/all_data/extdata/Overall Economy Activity.pdf";
  loess x=Date y=StLouis / smooth=10 lineattrs=(color=blue thickness=2) legendlabel="Economic Conditons Index for St. Louis, MO-IL (MSA)";
  loess x=Date y=RealGDP / smooth=5 lineattrs=(color=red thickness=2) legendlabel="Real Gross Domestric Product";;
  keylegend / location=outside position=bottomleft VALUEATTRS=(Size=8);
run;
ods pdf close;

ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Surely you are supposed to do your homework yourself?

emmad511
Fluorite | Level 6

Surely thanks for bumping tho^^

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation