BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mnithinshetty
Obsidian | Level 7

I am producing multiple page graph output using sgplot.means one graph output for each subject. I have around 210 pages of output. I am using ods rtf text= to print my titlte and footnotes. At the bottom of each page I get next page titles. In the next page I am not getting titles, looks like not enough space to do so.

I tried using footnote statement after sgplot procedure ,but it dint help. Is this something to do with ODS rtd statement. Please provide your input.

ods rtf file = "x..rtf" NOGTITLE NOGFOOTNOTE ;

ods graphics / reset width=9.8in height=5.0in ;

title1 h=8pt j=l "&__sponsor.";
title2 h=8pt j=l "&__protocol." ;

ods rtf text="(*ESC*)S={outputwidth=100% just=c}{&ttl1}";
ods rtf text="(*ESC*)S={outputwidth=100% just=c}{&ttl2. &popttl}";
ods rtf text="(*ESC*)S={outputwidth=100% just=c} {}";

/* title3 h=8pt bold font="Courier New" j=c "&ttl1";*/
/* title4 h=8pt bold font="Courier New" j=c "&ttl2. &popttl";*/
/* title5 h=8pt bold j=l " "; */

proc sgplot data=outdata(where=(ord=&i.)) dattrmap=zattrs pad=12%;
XXXXXX;
run;

ods rtf text="(*ESC*)S={outputwidth=100% just=l color=black}{&fnn1}";
ods rtf text="(*ESC*)S={outputwidth=100% just=l color=black}{&fnn2}";

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

@mnithinshetty wrote:

I am using ods rtf text= to print my titlte and footnotes. At the bottom of each page I get next page titles.

In the next page I am not getting titles, looks like not enough space to do so.

I tried using footnote statement after sgplot procedure ,but it dint help. Is this something to do with ODS rtd statement. Please provide your input.

Each call to ODS RTF Text is similar to a proc output. You need to control when new pages are are started/ ended and reset the ODS RTF STARTPAGE option. You may need to set it to "off" to end one block of output then to "now" to start a new block.

FOOTNOTE output has to be defined before or as part of procedure code to be associated with the procedure. If you do something like:

Title "Some text";

Proc sgplot;

<plot options>

run;

Footnote "this is a footnote";

the footnote will be associated with the NEXT procedure output.

To have the footnote part of the sgplot output:

Proc sgplot;

<plot options>

Footnote "Some footnote text";

run;

Due to the persistent nature of Title and Footnote you may want to be careful about resetting them AFTER the procedure.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

@mnithinshetty wrote:

I am using ods rtf text= to print my titlte and footnotes. At the bottom of each page I get next page titles.

In the next page I am not getting titles, looks like not enough space to do so.

Each call to ODS RTF Text is similar to a proc output. You need to control when new pages are are started/ ended and reset the ODS RTF STARTPAGE option. You may need to set it to "off" to end one block of output then to "now" to start a new block.

FOOTNOTE output has to be defined before or as part of procedure code to be associated with the procedure. If you do something like:

Title "Some text";

Proc sgplot;

<plot options>

run;

Footnote "this is a footnote";

the footnote will be associated with the NEXT procedure output.

To have the footnote part of the sgplot output:

Proc sgplot;

<plot options>

Footnote "Some footnote text";

run;

Due to the persistent nature of Title and Footnote you may want to be careful about resetting them AFTER the procedure.

mnithinshetty
Obsidian | Level 7

ODS startpage OFF/NOW option worked. @ballardw Thank you so much for the input.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation