BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
tojojosh
Fluorite | Level 6

Please assist, this is the code I used for my analysis however I cant see the display of the cluster graph

FILENAME REFFILE '/folders/myfolders/lesson3/Electronic.xlsx';

PROC IMPORT DATAFILE=REFFILE
    DBMS=XLSX
    OUT=WORK.Electronic;
    GETNAMES=YES;
RUN;

ods graphics on
Proc Cluster Data=Electronic Print=7 Simple Method=Centroid rmsstd rsquare outtree=Electronic_Dataset plots(maxpoints=5000);
 Id Order_ID;
 Var Sales Profit;
 Run;
 ods graphics off ;

The warning its giving me is as follows

WARNING: Ties for minimum distance between clusters have been detected at 1272 level(s) in the cluster history.
WARNING: DENDROGRAM statement will not be drawn because the DISCRETEMAX threshold has been reached. You can set DISCRETEMAX=1,400
on the ODS GRAPHICS statement to draw the plot.
WARNING: DENDROGRAM statement will not be drawn because the DISCRETEMAX threshold has been reached. You can set DISCRETEMAX=1,400

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The WARNING message tells you the solution. Modify the ODS GRAPHICS statement to read:

ods graphics on / DISCRETEMAX=1400;

then run the procedure again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The WARNING message tells you the solution. Modify the ODS GRAPHICS statement to read:

ods graphics on / DISCRETEMAX=1400;

then run the procedure again.

tojojosh
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks Rick, I was omitting the '/' sign earlier.
Thank you
tojojosh
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks Rick, I can see the graph now but I am still getting the ff warning: Ties for minimum distance between clusters have been detected at 1272 level(s) in the cluster history.

Pls is this an issue ?
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

That is a data issue. It means that some observations are the same distance from two or more cluster centers. This situation can occur when you have discrete values in your data. (For example, if salaries and profits are rounded to the nearest $1000.) It indicates that an observation is equally likely to belong to more than one cluster.  

There is nothing you can do about this warning unless you change your data to use more precision (for example, measure salaries and profits to the nearest cent.)

tojojosh
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks a bunch

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation