BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Rover17
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi SAS Community,

I am submitting the following %INCLUDE statement, and getting an error. I cannot figure out why. 

I have to use VMware to remotely connect to my desktop.

The statement is below, and the error I get follows.

%include 'X:\LS\LSDatabase\SASView\LSDBformats.sas';

NOTE: Library LIBRARY does not exist.
ERROR: Library LIBRARY does not exist.

Can someone please help me figure this out?

Thank you,

Aaron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

What is the actual code in the %include file?

It appears to be attempting to use a Library named "LIbrary". Do you currently have such a library active? If not then that is the issue.

If the code is supposed to create the library then there is likely more to the log about a failure.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

What is the actual code in the %include file?

It appears to be attempting to use a Library named "LIbrary". Do you currently have such a library active? If not then that is the issue.

If the code is supposed to create the library then there is likely more to the log about a failure.

Rover17
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks.

The libname of Library was being specified in the external file, using the wrong directory among my set of shared drives.

I opened the external file, and fixed it.

Regards,

Aaron

Reeza
Super User
Add the source option and then paste the full log from running that code. You may also want to add the LRECL option if you're using an older version of SAS. It used to be default of 256 which could cause issues. The SOURCE2 option will put the code from the %INCLUDE in the log to help you find the actual source of the error.

%include 'X:\LS\LSDatabase\SASView\LSDBformats.sas' / source2 ;
Rover17
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks. This probably would come in handy. I'll refer to it in the future.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation