BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cgates
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm running a simple program with SAS EG (Version 7.15 HF9 (7.100.5.6226) (64-bit)) that outputs an excel file to two different file paths. Prior to a few weeks ago, this code ran without any issues. My IT team uninstalled and reinstalled SAS on my PC and it has created more problems than it has solved. There remains one issue that they cannot resolved after the installation so I'm hoping you can help me out. I have my Y drive mapped to an online SharePoint location. When I try to output to this location now I get an error message that says  "ERROR: Physical file does not exist, Y:\1_Output\Report 01AUG2020 - 31AUG2020.xlsx.  The file outputs to the second location "G drive" with no issues. I've checked my mapped drives and the Y drive is there with the folder (image attached). I run SAS EG as administrator so there shouldn't be any privilege issues. My coworkers and I all have the SharePoint location mapped to our Y drives and they can run the same program and the file outputs to the G drive and Y drive with no problem. It's just me with the issue now. 

*Generating Excel spreadsheet;

ods listing close;
ods excel file = "Y:\1_Output\Report &first - &last..xlsx"

options (embedded_titles = 'yes' embedded_footnotes = 'yes');

ods excel (id=srf) file = "G:\Groups\Automation\Output\Monthly\Report &first - &last..xlsx"

options (embedded_titles = 'yes' embedded_footnotes = 'yes');

*By Gender;
ods excel options (sheet_name="By Gender");
proc freq data=Final;
tables group*gender/ nopercent norow nocol;
title "By Gender, &first - &last";
footnote 'Pulled today';
run;

ods _all_ close;
ods listing;

Log Error:

ERROR: Physical file does not exist, Y:\1_Output\Report 01AUG2020 - 31AUG2020.xlsx.
NOTE: Writing EXCEL(SRF) file: G:\Groups\Automation\Output\Monthly\Report 01AUG2020 - 31AUG2020.xlsx

Mapped drive:

Y Drive.PNG

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If your coworkers can run exactly the same code and it works for them, then this is not a SAS problem, it is a permissions / setup problem. You could try getting one of your coworkers to log onto your PC and try the program. If the error still occurs then it is likely a problem with your Y mapping. If it doesn't then the problem is with your userid. Raise the problem with your IT people.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation