BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
tnachis
Fluorite | Level 6

I have two table, (Standard Table) containing "Orig ID" column and "ID" column. One "ID" can have multiple "Orig ID" values.
The second table is the (Sales table) containing "Orig ID" column and "ID" column. The "Orig ID" and "ID" vales in the Sales table must match/follow the order in the Standard Table.

Note:
All "ID" in the Sales table already exist in the Standard Table.
There can be new "Orig ID" value created in the Sales table that does not have a matching "ID" in the  Standard Table.
One of the "Orig ID" value in the Sales table was assigned a wrong "ID" 

Target:
I would like to Join the (Sales table) to the (Standard Table) on Mapped To and ID.
Then, identify and exclude all values in the (Sales table) that do not match the order in the Standard Table.
Also, Identify the New "Orig ID" values created in the Sales table that are not yet recognized in the Standard Mapping Table

Standard Table:

Orig ID                 ID

AB                      A20

BC                     A20

CD                      A20

JK                      B30

JL                       B30

Sales Table

Orig ID               ID 

AB                     A20

BC                    B30

JK                     JK

Desired Outcome:

I want to create the dataset "error_table" containing obs with matching "Orig ID" but non-matching "id", and another dataset "NEW ID Table" containing those obs from "sales" that the value in "orig Id" is same as "ID" (this is because the new "Orig id" created in the sales table is always same as the "ID").  

Error Table:

Sales Table

Orig ID               ID 

NEW ID Table:

Sales Table

Orig ID               ID 

JK                       JK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

I might try:

proc sql;
   create table salesNotStandard as
   select distinct origid, id from salestable
   except
   select distinct origid, id from standardtable
   ;
   create table StandardNotsales as
   except
   ;
quit;

I didn't use your table names as I wasn't quite sure which is really an "error". So use more descriptive "SalesNotStandard" means the id combination appears in Sales but Not the Standard data set.

@tnachis wrote:

I have two table, (Standard Table) containing "Orig ID" column and "ID" column. One "ID" can have multiple "Orig ID" values.
The second table is the (Sales table) containing "Orig ID" column and "ID" column. The "Orig ID" and "ID" vales in the Sales table must match/follow the order in the Standard Table.

Note:
There can be new "Orig ID" value created in the Sales table that does not have a matching "ID" in the  Standard Table.

Target:
I would like to Join the (Sales table) to the (Standard Table) on Mapped To and ID.
Then, identify and exclude all values in the (Sales table) that do not match the order in the Standard Table.
Also, Identify the New "Orig ID" values created in the Sales table that are not yet recognized in the Standard Mapping Table

Standard Table:

Sales Table

Orig ID               ID 

Desired Outcome:

I want to create the dataset "error_table" containing obs with matching "Orig ID" but non-matching "id", and another dataset "NEW ID Table" containing those obs from "sales" that the value in "orig Id" is same as "ID" (this is because the new "Orig id" created in the sales table is always same as the "ID").  

Error Table:

Sales Table

Orig ID               ID 

NEW ID Table:

Sales Table

Orig ID               ID 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

I might try:

proc sql;
   create table salesNotStandard as
   except
   ;
   create table StandardNotsales as
   except
   ;
quit;

I didn't use your table names as I wasn't quite sure which is really an "error". So use more descriptive "SalesNotStandard" means the id combination appears in Sales but Not the Standard data set.

@tnachis wrote:

Note:

Target:

Standard Table:

Sales Table

Orig ID               ID 

Desired Outcome:

Error Table:

Sales Table

Orig ID               ID 

NEW ID Table:

Sales Table

Orig ID               ID 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation