lpy0521
Fluorite | Level 6

Hey folks, just curious when I run following code in SAS studio:

proc s3 keyid="&accesskey." secret= "&secretKey." region=useast;
put "/local/dir/xxx.csv" "/bucket/dir/xxx.csv";
run;

I got this error:

ERROR: Could not put file.
ERROR: The AWS access key Id you provided does not exist in our records.

The key id is fresh obtained and any idea where to debug?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
vkumbhakarna
Fluorite | Level 6

The error message seems to indicate that the resolved access key variable defined is not in the AWS records. According to me the first step is to verify whether the accesskey variable has been assinged the appropriate value and has no typo. You can check this by printing out the value of the accesskeyvariable i.e. %put accesskey=&accsesskey; and check the resolved value does not have a typo. If there is a typo reassign the accesskey variable and re-run. if that doesnt resolve the issue, then try checking whether the S3 bucket has the accesskey defined, else work with your Amazon S3 admin to generate it for you. Hope this helps!

lpy0521
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks for the info.
I actually resolved this kind issue. Hope this will help others facing the same issue. In simply words, if you are holding a temp key rather than long term key, then you will need the token info on top of access key and secret key.

Thanks,

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation