BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
adig
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I need someone to help me with the following....

Today I am using the following Syntax:

ods xml tagset=ExcelXP130
options(absolute_column_width = '15,15,15,15,15,15'
sheet_interval='None');

PROC REPORT DATA=if_unite_out_final
headline headskip norkeys missing nowindows;
COLUMN ("Final Report" category AMOUNT_ZERO_2 AMLA_ALL_2 AMLA_ALL_HASHKAL_2 ratio_aml_2) ;
DEFINE MON / order 'Date' format = mmyys7. ;
DEFINE category / display ' Category' format = cat_card.;
DEFINE AMOUNT_ZERO_2 / analysis 'Total Sum' format = COMMA20.2 style(column)={tagattr="format:###,##0.00" just=l};
DEFINE AMLA_ALL_2 / analysis 'Part' format = COMMA20.2 style(column)={tagattr="format:###,##0.00" just=l};
DEFINE AMLA_ALL_HASHKAL_2 / analysis 'Total include all' format = COMMA20.2 style(column)={tagattr="format:###,##0.00" just=l};
BREAK AFTER mon / SUMMARIZE UL OL style=[font_weight=bold];
compute after;
ORG = 999;
endcomp;
RUN;

I need the same output with the only difference that the field "MON" will be shown in each line. When I change "order" to "display" it does not give me the ability to summerize in the "MON" (month) level.

Anyone knows what can I do?

Thanks! 

7 REPLIES 7
ballardw
Super User

Try making another variable with the values of MON. Place it first in the Columns statement.

In the define make the new variable the ORDER variable with the option NOPRINT.

Make MON a display variable and change the Break After to use the new variable.

Here is a short example using data from the SASHELP.CLASS data set. I am using SEX in the role of your MON variable.

data work.class;
   set sashelp.class;
   og = sex;
run;

proc report data=work.class;
   columns og sex age height;
   define og /order noprint;
   define sex / display ;
   define age/ display;
   define height/analysis;
   break after og/summarize;
run;
adig
Fluorite | Level 6

Great! Thank you!

I also need that the line of the summary will also include the value of the MON (in your example - the value of the sex 'F'/'M').

How can I do this?

Thanks!

adig
Fluorite | Level 6
someone can help ?
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Not sure, if i understood what you need. Do you need a list of all contributing class-values in the summary line?

adig
Fluorite | Level 6

Look at the example of sashelp.class.

the code "break after og/summarize;" gives me the summary of the sex.

Yet, in the output, in the line of the summary it is not written whether the summary is for 'F' of 'M'. only the sum is written. 

I need that also the rellevant sex('F'/'M') will also appear in the line of the summary...

adig
Fluorite | Level 6
no one..?
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19
You could, by now, have read the documentation of proc report and find a solution. If you need sub-totals, you have to change "display" to "group" and use the rbreak statement. See the docs for an example.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation