BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
joycehyj1109
Calcite | Level 5

Are there any ways that could display axis (X and Y)  with the following dataset?

test.png

Thank you for helping

3 REPLIES 3
Amir
PROC Star

Hi,

If I've understood you correctly, you want to create a plotted graph of the values in the data set.

As you can see the values for the y variable (column) are missing (that's what the '.' means for numeric values). So if a y value is missing for a graph coordinate then the coordinate cannot be plotted.

If you share the code, input data and log that created these values then perhaps we can help identify why the y variable has missing values.

Regards,

Amir.

joycehyj1109
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Amir

Thanks for reply. I need to do the two line charts for x and y.

First:

X        Y

0        0

0.25   0

0.5     0

Second: log(Y)

X        Y

0        .

0.25   .

0.5     .

I have no question for the first dataset. But, for the second one, I'm not sure how to present it in figure usually.
I need to show X and Y axis at least, or should I add a statement that the figure is not available?

Amir
PROC Star

Hi,

I would suggest that this is a question that you should ask your teacher / manager or whoever gave you the work because they set the requirements; what would they like to see if the coordinate values are missing and so cannot be plotted.

If this is just some practice work you're doing then I would suggest displaying a clear message that the coordinates could not be used because they had missing values. Otherwise, if you just display an empty set of axes, then there could be some doubt about why there are no plot points on the graph. Using a message makes it clear what has happened.

Regards,

Amir.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation