BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
klongway
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am trying to export results to a PDF but despite the results showing up in the results viewer in SAS, whenever I add the ods PDF code it ends up just giving me a PDF with the ENTIRE dataset.

I'm sure this is an easy fix but I'm not seeing it.

Sorry and thanks!!!

Code:

ods pdf file-"uniresults.pdf";

proc univariate data=file4;

var apple orange panda

run;

ods pdf close;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Likely an issue with graphics then. If you don't need the graphics turn them off, otherwise you may have set something somewhere else that's causing issues. What about other destinations?
If it's a secure lab, like a Statistics Canada RDC, they actually explicitly turn this off so you cannot extract data this way. Only they can generate the output.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User
file- should be file=, equals instead of a dash.

Otherwise your code looks correct. If this is just a typo, please post your code and log.
klongway
Calcite | Level 5

Oh yes, just a typo

Code:

ods pdf file="uniresults.pdf";

proc univariate data=file4;

var apple orange panda

run;

ods pdf close;

Log:

everything runs fine till the last line which says

Error: Device is offline (in a dark brown color)

The computer I'm coding on isn't allowed to be hooked up to the internet (per the data security agreement)...:/

Reeza
Super User
Likely an issue with graphics then. If you don't need the graphics turn them off, otherwise you may have set something somewhere else that's causing issues. What about other destinations?
If it's a secure lab, like a Statistics Canada RDC, they actually explicitly turn this off so you cannot extract data this way. Only they can generate the output.
klongway
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Reeza!!! My IT person just got back to me and said its the default. I just like the PDF for the formatting!

I wish I was somewhere so cool, I'm just a lowly grad student with a computer I've signed away by first born child on to use!!!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation