BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11

Hello,

My server is SAS 9.4M5, I can't generate the ODS WORD correctly.

Do I need the SAS 9.4M6 to get the generation of ODS WORD or there is some additional option for SAS 9.4M5?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9
SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11
Thank you, Kurt!
Could I convert the .rtf en .doc?
SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11
Thank you very much Kurt!
ernie_d
Calcite | Level 5

Hello 

I am using the ODS Word to make my output accessibility.  When using the Proc Report, I can use the contents option to populate the Title but I do not know what option to use to populate the ALT Text / Description

ernie_d
Calcite | Level 5

I am using this to test:

proc report data=sashelp.shoes(obs=20) SPANROWS contents="report contents=";
run;

ernie_d
Calcite | Level 5

Ok SAS Guys, 

I can populate the title within the Table Properties of a Word Doc using version M7.

I was able to use VBA code to go into Word Doc to populate the Alt Text description.  This makes my report 508 Assessable compliance.  I am using this stmt:  ODS Word = xxx startpage = Off;

I was trying to attach the keyword KEEPN to this stmt so that I won't get split Tables.  But it did not work.  Any suggestions would be great.

ballardw
Super User

@ernie_d wrote:

Ok SAS Guys, 

I can populate the title within the Table Properties of a Word Doc using version M7.

I was able to use VBA code to go into Word Doc to populate the Alt Text description.  This makes my report 508 Assessable compliance.  I am using this stmt:  ODS Word = xxx startpage = Off;

I was trying to attach the keyword KEEPN to this stmt so that I won't get split Tables.  But it did not work.  Any suggestions would be great.

You really should start new threads when you are discussing subjects other than the original posters topics.

KEEPN is not in the options list, for SAS 9.4.7. So I would not expect ti to work. You may also be misunderstanding the KEEPN option for ODS RTF. It does not prevent splitting a table if it is longer than a single page. What it does is, possibly, is insert a page break before a table. KEEPN plus STARTPAGE=NO means that multiple tables may fit on a "page" if they are both small enough. But if one is too long it gets split. Normally the default behavior would be to start a page for each table regardless of size. So sometimes the combination creates nicer output.

You have decide which is more important, specific table not split or showing multiple tables on a page.

You can force behavior to manually start a specific table on a page using the STARTPAGE=NOW just before a procedure that creates output.

ODS Word does add the OPTION (<suboptions>) which provide some additional options related to splitting rows of a table or a paragraph that might help.

ernie_d
Calcite | Level 5
ok this helps me. Thank you very your reply.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation