BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11

Hello Experts,

Just a quick question : is it possible to produce the ods output pdf without  installed Acrobat ?

I'm using the SAS Guide.

Thank you !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

@SASdevAnneMarie wrote:
Thank you, Ballardw.
"a hard time examining the actual output if you do not have a PDF viewer" means that if I don't have the Acrobat, I can't open the pdf ?

No. But you will need some program to view the output. Your web browser may work. There are other PDF viewers as well.

Acrobat Reader by Adobe is just one of the free viewers available. Do an internet search for "PDF Viewer". You will find many.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

You can use the ODS PDF output without Acrobat.

You might have a hard time examining the actual output if you do not have a PDF viewer but there are many programs that will display PDF output.

In code the generic approach is

ods pdf file="<path to file>\filename.pdf" <other options>;

<some procedure(s) that generate output to the results window>

ods pdf close;

Since SAS "guide" uses a server somewhere along the line the path will have to be one that server can use. You may have to create the file on the server and move it elsewhere for other use.

SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11
Thank you, Ballardw.
"a hard time examining the actual output if you do not have a PDF viewer" means that if I don't have the Acrobat, I can't open the pdf ?
ballardw
Super User

@SASdevAnneMarie wrote:
Thank you, Ballardw.

No. But you will need some program to view the output. Your web browser may work. There are other PDF viewers as well.

Acrobat Reader by Adobe is just one of the free viewers available. Do an internet search for "PDF Viewer". You will find many.

SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11
Thank you Ballardw !

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation