BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

For some reason this simple call of my proc report to change the orientation to landscape is staying is portrait.  Am I missing something?

OPTIONS orientation=landscape nodate;
ods pdf

file="/serverpath/my.pdf"

ods escapechar='~';

/*proc report goes here*/

ods pdf close;

ods pdf(id=VCU_Report_Printing1) close;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

It was the width of the proc report.  Not sure how it got capped.

but this worked.  

proc report data=FacultyProfileFall out=finalTable /*wid*/ style(report)={outputwidth=100%};

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

Was there anything unexpected in the log?

DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

No errors around the pdf area.  I think i need to set the margins for the proc report part somehow because this works.

OPTIONS orientation=landscape nodate;
ods pdf file="/serverpath/testOrientation.pdf";

ods escapechar='~';
proc sql;
select count(*), count(*), count(*),count(*), count(*), count(*), count(*), count(*), count(*), count(*),
count(*), count(*), count(*),count(*), count(*), count(*), count(*), count(*), count(*), count(*),
count(*), count(*), count(*), count(*), count(*), count(*), count(*), count(*) from sashelp.shoes
quit;
ods pdf close;

ods pdf(id=VCU_Report_Printing1) close;

DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I also have an image in the title that spans longer than the proc report.

DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

It was the width of the proc report.  Not sure how it got capped.

but this worked.  

proc report data=FacultyProfileFall out=finalTable /*wid*/ style(report)={outputwidth=100%};

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi: You can change the margins for PDF and RTF in the OPTIONS statement. This worked for me:

show_marg.png

Even with LANDSCAPE orientation, without any other instructions, the first PROC REPORT uses default widths that it calculates. With a style override to use 100% of the area between the margins, then the output is "stretched" to fit between the margins set in the OPTIONS statement.

Cynthia

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation