BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KonstantinVasil
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a large excel report which I try to automate by producing it with SAS and ODS Excel. The report contains several tables with specific formatting which I create successfully. 

In addition, there are combo charts which are linked to some of the data and have specific excel formatting for the lines/bars/axis. I am looking for a solution to reproduce these charts from SAS and then write them to excel file. They need to have the same formatting as the original excel file and be referencing to the data which is already written to the excel cells.

I am thinking of two possible solutions:

1. reproduce the charts with sgplot and then try to match the formatting
  2. export the chart data into excel and then link it to a custom excel chart template - ".crtx" file - Can this be done from SAS?

Any possible solutions, comments and references would be highly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Just choose one or the other.  If you have to use Excel, then create a template in Excel, create VBA macros to load the data into your template from CSV files.  Then all your SAS has to do is drop out the data to CSV.  Alternatively use SAS for all of it, produce a report with the various items, excluding Excel functionality.  There really is no benefit to try to drive software x from software y.  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation