BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
elsfy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I did a proc report and i want to export it to an excel worksheet. No problem here.

Yet, i wanted to display the output starting at the second row (A2) of my excel worksheet. No problem here cause i added the START_AT suboption in ODS EXCEL.

ods excel file ="..." 
	options(sheet_interval='none', start_at='1,2') ;

So my proc report output starts at cell A2 in excel and the first row is empty. I want to change the background color of the entire first row into red to get something like this ; 

isgnr_0-1652090014477.png

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ksharp
Super User

Using two titles .

data have;
 set sashelp.heart;
 array x{40} $ (40*'xxx');
run;

title color=red bcolor=red 'xxxx';
title2 color=red bcolor=red 'xxxx';

ods excel file ="c:\temp\temp.xlsx" 
	options(sheet_interval='none' embedded_titles='yes' start_at='1,1' hidden_rows="3") ;
proc report data=have(obs=10) nowd ;run;
ods excel close;

Ksharp_0-1652236820171.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Ksharp
Super User
	options(sheet_interval='none' embedded_titles='yes' start_at='1,1' hidden_rows="2") ;
proc report data=sashelp.class nowd ;run;
ods excel close;

Ksharp_0-1652094659888.png

elsfy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Thank you for your code but it doesn't work exactly as i wanted.

It stops at column Q while my report is from column A to column Z. Do you know why ?

Thank you very much

Ksharp
Super User

NO. I get the right result !  what version sas are you using ?

You can contact support.sas.com  to confirm what is problem. 

Here is my code and snapshot .

data have;
 set sashelp.heart;
run;

options(sheet_interval='none' embedded_titles='yes' start_at='1,1' hidden_rows="2") ;
ods excel close;

Ksharp_0-1652153833716.png

elsfy
Quartz | Level 8
I am using SAS v7.11.

Thank you very much for your help !
Ksharp
Super User

SAS version should like 9.4M4 , 9.4M5 ...

Using the following to check sas version.

%put &sysvlong4.;

But since I got no problem , I think I can't help you . Buy a ticket to  support.sas.com

Or @Cynthia_sas  could give you a hand .

elsfy
Quartz | Level 8
Sorry, i didn't check correctly. It's the 9.04v.
No problem, thank you again
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
It sounds like you might be using SAS Enterprise Guide. If @Ksharp gets the correct result, but when you run the SAME code, you get a different result, that is an indication that you might benefit more from working with Tech Support.
Cynthia
elsfy
Quartz | Level 8
Hi Cynthia,

Yes i am working with SAS Enterprise Guide. So i guess there is no other way to do this with SAS EG?
Thanks.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
It looks like KSHARP made some fake data. The problem as I understand it is that you can get the first row in the color you want, but Ksharp's example, shows the spanning header going past column Q and your header for your data stops at column Q. Someone is going to have to look at ALL of your code and ALL of our ODS statements and use your data to figure out whether the issue is with your code, your data or your version of SAS. It seems to me that Ksharp was testing with his fake data and you were testing with your data because I don't see anyplace where you posted data or where he posted data. So I can't comment on whether it is possible to do what you want with SAS EG because Enterprise Guide is only a front end interface to SAS. You should be able to do what Ksharp demonstrated assuming that your data is similar and your code is similar and your version of SAS is similar.
Cynthia
elsfy
Quartz | Level 8
Is it possible to know how you would do that not only on the first row but the first 3 rows of the sheet ?
Or at least widen the first row ?
Ksharp
Super User

Using two titles .

data have;
 set sashelp.heart;
run;

title2 color=red bcolor=red 'xxxx';

options(sheet_interval='none' embedded_titles='yes' start_at='1,1' hidden_rows="3") ;
ods excel close;

Ksharp_0-1652236820171.png

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation