BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RandoDando
Pyrite | Level 9

I have this code using the across and analysis functions.  I want to add 1 column on the far right side which has the row totals going across, including those for the computed Totals.   If you are wondering about the single letter coding, I used those to re-word some values and found letters to be easier to manage while assigning the visible text in Proc Format.  No numbers because numeric format interfered with the Total labels.   If I have to change something, then I know exactly where to go. 

proc report data=TEAM_SUMMARY nowd  ;
columns Team Activity Month, cnt ;
define Team/ group order=data;
define Activity/group "Activity" format=$Acty. order=internal;
define Month/across "Month in Play" order=data f=$Month.;
define cnt/analysis "" f=comma18.0;

compute Activity;

if Activity= 'J' then do;
	 call define(_row_, "style", "style=[foreground=Red]");
	 end;
if Activity = 'K' then do;
	 call define(_row_, "style", "style=[foreground=Green]");
	 end;

endcomp;

break after Team/summarize style=[foreground=black just=r font_weight=bold];

rbreak after /summarize style=Header[background=lightgreen just=c];

compute before Team/style=[background=light grey];
line  ' ';
endcomp;

compute after Team;
Activity = 'Team Total';
endcomp;

compute after;
Activity = 'Grand Total';
endcomp;

run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi: Without data, it is hard to tweak your code. However, using an alias, it should be fairly easy to get the row totals on the right side of the report. I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say: "including those for Computed totals". I don't see any computed totals. Do you mean the CNT values?
Cynthia

Here's an example of using an Alias. Since you did not provide data, I had to make some fake data for a small selection of months, just enough to get the general idea:

Cynthia_sas_0-1719947075838.png

This is the code and result:

Cynthia_sas_1-1719947098876.png

The final column on the right side was the result of using an ALIAS  (Cnt=ColTot). Using an alias essentially allows me to use CNT 2 different ways -- the first way it is UNDER the MONTH ACROSS item and the second way, it is being used without regard to the ACROSS item and it is referred to by the ALIAS name in the DEFINE statement.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi: Without data, it is hard to tweak your code. However, using an alias, it should be fairly easy to get the row totals on the right side of the report. I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say: "including those for Computed totals". I don't see any computed totals. Do you mean the CNT values?
Cynthia

Here's an example of using an Alias. Since you did not provide data, I had to make some fake data for a small selection of months, just enough to get the general idea:

Cynthia_sas_0-1719947075838.png

This is the code and result:

Cynthia_sas_1-1719947098876.png

The final column on the right side was the result of using an ALIAS  (Cnt=ColTot). Using an alias essentially allows me to use CNT 2 different ways -- the first way it is UNDER the MONTH ACROSS item and the second way, it is being used without regard to the ACROSS item and it is referred to by the ALIAS name in the DEFINE statement.

RandoDando
Pyrite | Level 9
That did it, thanks. For the totals I was referring to the original Total and Grand Total rows, which were summed with this.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation