BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kottamasu
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Team,

Will anyone guide me with the material for generating the drill down graphs in Excel by SAS for daily dash board.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Your question is quite specific, and it seems you have little idea where to start. Sounds that it could be a bit cumbersome for you, on site guidance is usually preferred when starting up such a task.
That said, Google (or the search provider of your choice) is your best friend.
Data never sleeps
Kottamasu
Calcite | Level 5

I have tried google to get some help but, unfortunately most of the examples are based on the html and not for the excel.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

So can you show us what you have done so far?  For me I didn't even think Excel had drill down graphs?  I can't find any information about such a thing.  To be honest, if you want an easier life, look at one of the proper reporting suites out there - Spotfire, Tableux, PowerBi, even R and shiny etc. and build your outputs in those which are designed to do this kind of dashboard reporting.  Excel is a spreadsheet application, and trying to wedge it into anything else always results in a really dodgy process overall.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I'm pretty sure you can create drill downs in Excel, witho OLAP cube as a source, and/or with SAS Add-in for MS Office.

This requires SAS BI Server and/or SAS Office Analytics offerings.

Data never sleeps
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Which is pretty much what I said, plain Excel doesn't have the capabilities, need to add extra layers into it in the form of a BI tool or specific reporting suite Smiley Wink

Kottamasu
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have now tried using the drill down graph in HTML instead of Excel.

Below is my draft code. The issue is chk1.hmtl file has no graph when we open whereas study.html got generated successfully.

Note that I have created the "studydrill" variable in the gdata dataset studydrill='href="xxxxxx.html"'.

goptions gunit = pct xpixels = 850 ypixels = 1050 device=gif transparency noborder ;
filename odsout "xyz/abc";

/* open the html destination for ODS output */
ods html body='chk1.html' path = odsout gpath="xyz/abc";

ods listing close;

axis1 split = "/" ;
axis2 label=("Number of " j=l " Issues");

proc gchart data=gdata;
 vbar _name_/sumvar = col1 subgroup = study inside = sum space = 10 width = 10 coutline=black autoref clipref raxis = axis2 maxis = axis1
 html=studydrill;
run;

/* open a body file for report */
/* on central sales            */
ods html body='study.html' path=odsout;
title1 Issue Details';
proc print data=gdata noobs;
   var study dbl _label_ col1;
run;

ods excel close;
/* close the html destination */
ods html close;
ods graphics off;
goptions reset=goptions;

Reeza
Super User

What's your definition of a drill down graph?

Do you have an example of what you're trying to do so far, with the design finalized? 

Do you have SAS Add In for Microsoft Office, or SAS VA? What version of SAS are you using?

What's the current issue you're facing with trying to build this report?

In general, I recommend starting with LexJansen.com and searching for "dashboard", but right now your question is pretty generic so it's hard to understand what you want.

For Excel type reports I usually build it in Excel, you may want to try the PowerPivot Add On or PowerBI which is free for desktop users.  Your company may even have a license if they have SQL server. 

@Kottamasu wrote:

Hi Team,

Will anyone guide me with the material for generating the drill down graphs in Excel by SAS for daily dash board.

Thanks

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation