BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
David_Billa
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

@Patrick Mine is UNIX environment.  NOXCMD is set by default in our platform. How to tackle the problem in UNIX?

NOXCMD            Disables the X command in SAS
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

With NOXCMD you're restricted to SAS. You could use FCOPY as documented here.

BUT..... very often when people say "network drive" they are talking about their local Windows environment. Before you even try to implement SAS code for copying the file you need to ensure that the target you want to copy to is accessible from your SAS Compute Server environment. To do so use PUTTY and try to access this network drive with Unix commands only. Eventually get help from some Unix admin for this.

David_Billa
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

@Patrick FCOPY as documented here. tells for copy of one file from source to destination. In order to copy multiple files in one single go, can we use *.xlsx in Filename statement?

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@David_Billa wrote:

@Patrick FCOPY as documented here. tells for copy of one file from source to destination. In order to copy multiple files in one single go, can we use *.xlsx in Filename statement?

I'd say you need now FIRST to test if the target file system is even reachable from your environment. 

I'd also say it's now time that you read documentation and do a bit of your own trials.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 4 in conversation