BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jcromwell77
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a dataset that I have converted to a CSV file. (No issues). However, I cannot figure out how to send this file to an Azure Blob Storage container with public access.

I tried to use the following:

LIBNAME UPLOAD '<location of the dataset>' ;

PROC EXPORT DATA UPLOAD.<dataset>

DBMS=CSV

OUTFILE= "<Blob Storage URL>..csv" REPLACE ;

RUN;

I get an ERROR: A component of <outfile> is not a directory. Obviously, the outfile method is incorrect.

I have reviewed this, but not sure how this works: 

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/v_027/lestmtsglobal/p1arsjiowdszd8n1qk8mqg5p2uhv.htm

All I need to do, is save the CSV in the Blob Storage. From there an ADF pipeline will do the rest, but I cannot figure out how to save it in the Blob storage.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Looks like that page is describing how to create a FILEREF that points to the blob storage.

So try doing that first.  In this example from that page the fileref they are using is literally FILEREF, but it can be any valid SAS name of 8 characters or less, 

* example ;
filename fileref abs "blob-file-name" ... <more-code>;

and then use the FILEREF in the PROC EXPORT code.

... OUTFILE= fileref ...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation