BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dlazer1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am working with data and want to make sure I have it coded correctly. I have a company ID and partner ID and date. I want to see when the partner ID changes for each company ID. How would I do that?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

It depends a bit, are you expecting it to never change? If so you can easily detect that by looking at the max/min values via SQL which operate on character variables as well. If you want to just identify changes you can use BY group processing.

Try this to get you started - note the NOTSORTED option because I'm assuming your data is in order of date, but not necessarily in order by partnerID.

data want;
set have;
by companyID partnerID notsorted;

if first.partnerID and not first.companyID then flag=1;
else flag=0;

run;

@dlazer1 wrote:

Hi,

I am working with data and want to make sure I have it coded correctly. I have a company ID and partner ID and date. I want to see when the partner ID changes for each company ID. How would I do that?

Thank you!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation