BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RAVI2000
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

For example, a variable LABCAT has values like "Hematology", "Chemical", "Urinalysis".....    and variable lab parameter PARAM has values like "WBC", "RBC", "BASOPHILS", ...so on like 100. I have 100 values for PARAM. 

Example Look-up Table:

PARAMN       PARAM                   PARAMCD            ATYPE            LBCAT               LBTESTCD

1                Potassium)mmol/L)     K                           num             CHEMISTRY          K

2                Albumin(g/L)                ALB                      num             CHEMISTRY          ALB

3                Creatinine(umol/L)       CREAT                 num             CHEMISTRY          CREAT

4                Basophils(10^9L)         BASO                   num             HEMATOLOGY      BASO

5                Prothrobin Time           PT                         num             HEMATOLOGY      PT

6                Color                            COLOR                 char             URINALYSIS          COLOR

7                pH                                PH                         char             URINALYSIS          PH

How do I create macro  where it directly takes the PARAM values for 100 different values automatically and creates the output table. In simple, I want to create a macro in such a way that I want to call that macro and I should get all the 100 outputs/ reports/ tables.

For your reference I am also attaching a mock table output that I want for 100 tables.

Capture.PNG

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

1) Suppose you have just one PARAM. Can you writ a program to create a report as wanted?

2) You don't need a macro; just create the report BY PARAM.

3) You did not supply the full observation info - you miss numeric values to be used in the 

report. What is XX ?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

1) Suppose you have just one PARAM. Can you writ a program to create a report as wanted?

2) You don't need a macro; just create the report BY PARAM.

3) You did not supply the full observation info - you miss numeric values to be used in the 

report. What is XX ?

RAVI2000
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Sorry, I have mistakenly accepted it as solution. I have just provide a mock shell. Mock shells are just a blue print of how the output table should look like. It is just a blueprint. XX would be numeric values.
Reeza
Super User

UCLA introductory tutorial on macro variables and macros
https://stats.idre.ucla.edu/sas/seminars/sas-macros-introduction/

Tutorial on converting a working program to a macro
This method is pretty robust and helps prevent errors and makes it much easier to debug your code. Obviously biased, because I wrote it 🙂 https://github.com/statgeek/SAS-Tutorials/blob/master/Turning%20a%20program%20into%20a%20macro.md

Examples of common macro usage
https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/SAS-9-4-Macro-Language-Reference-Has-a-New-Ap...

Your question is too generic, please provide more details.

@RAVI2000 wrote:

For example, a variable LABCAT has values like "Hematology", "Chemical", "Urinalysis".....    and variable lab parameter PARAM has values like "WBC", "RBC", "BASOPHILS", ...so on like 100. I have 100 values for PARAM. 

Example Look-up Table:

PARAMN       PARAM                   PARAMCD            ATYPE            LBCAT               LBTESTCD

1                Potassium)mmol/L)     K                           num             CHEMISTRY          K

2                Albumin(g/L)                ALB                      num             CHEMISTRY          ALB

3                Creatinine(umol/L)       CREAT                 num             CHEMISTRY          CREAT

4                Basophils(10^9L)         BASO                   num             HEMATOLOGY      BASO

5                Prothrobin Time           PT                         num             HEMATOLOGY      PT

6                Color                            COLOR                 char             URINALYSIS          COLOR

7                pH                                PH                         char             URINALYSIS          PH

How do I create macro  where it directly takes the PARAM values for 100 different values automatically and creates the output table. In simple, I want to create a macro in such a way that I want to call that macro and I should get all the 100 outputs/ reports/ tables.

For your reference I am also attaching a mock table output that I want for 100 tables.

Capture.PNG

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation