BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
David_Billa
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I'm seeking for some help to convert the below macro program to proc SQL without any macros and Loop. Because I want to use this query in explicit pass through

/* Simple macro to print out the values of the macro variables created in step above */
%macro check() ;
     %do i=1 %to &tableCnt ;
          %put table&i = &&table&i;
Proc sql;
create table output as select t1.*,t2.reportingdate
from &&table&i t1 inner join 
Meta t2
on (t1.ID=t2.ID)
;
quit; 
     %end ;

%mend ;

/* Call check macro */
%check ;

Excepted code:

proc sql noprint;
           connect to SQLSVR (DATAsrc=&DATASRC. AUTHDOMAIN="&AUTHDOMAIN.");
Create table meta as SELECT * 
          FROM  CONNECTION TO SQLSVR 
                ( 
              <Query to be used once converting the macro program to sql>
                )

;           disconnect from SQLSVR;
quit;
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Whenever you want to take code a step further, FIRST make sure that the current iteration works.

Your current code won't work, as the dataset OUTPUT will contain the results of the last %DO loop only. All previous results will be lost.

For the correct syntax of SQL Server, I suggest you study the relevant Microsoft documentation, and have a talk with your SQL Server admins about the names of your tables there.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Whenever you want to take code a step further, FIRST make sure that the current iteration works.

Your current code won't work, as the dataset OUTPUT will contain the results of the last %DO loop only. All previous results will be lost.

For the correct syntax of SQL Server, I suggest you study the relevant Microsoft documentation, and have a talk with your SQL Server admins about the names of your tables there.

Amir
PROC Star

Hi @David_Billa,

You might find that you can use macro code to loop through all of the tables with the pass through SQL as the macro code is resolved first to generate the text (SQL code). You'll still need to address issues, as highlighted by @Kurt_Bremser.

Kind regards,

Amir.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation