BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Labran
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi! 

I am trying to read an external file with the following statements but I receive an error in the log window. This is done after I replaced SASUniversityEdition with folders in the file path as a suggestion earlier made on this platform. Any useful info, pls.

data trial;
infile '/Users/user/folders/myfolders/vex/bern_copy.txt';
input name $ age sex $;
run;

ERROR: The path /Users/user/folders/myfolders/vex/bern_copy.txt is not in the list of accessible paths when SAS is in the lockdown
state.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
Labran
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks for your contribution. I tried it using the original file path but got ERROR still.
data trial;
infile '/Users/user/SASUniversityEdition/myfolders/vex/bern_copy.txt';
input name $ age sex $;
run;
ERROR: The path /Users/user/SASUniversityEdition/myfolders/vex/bern_copy.txt is not in the list of accessible paths when SAS is in
the lockdown state.
Labran
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks @Kurt_Bremser your contribution nailed it. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation