BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shl007
Obsidian | Level 7

I saw this post Re: the MCAR macro. I was trying it but came across the following error and didn't see any discussion on this particular error. Any ideas where to look?

Solved: Little's MCAR macro - Page 2 - SAS Support Communities

NOTE: IML Ready
 ERROR: (execution) Invalid argument or operand; contains missing values.

operation : * at line 619 column 1
  operands  : mu, Dj
 mu      1 row     179 cols    (numeric)
 Dj    179 rows     83 cols    (numeric)

statement : ASSIGN at line 619 column 1
 NOTE: Line generated by the invoked macro "MCARTEST".
 619        @put (m[i,]) 6.0

_                                                                                                                                   

ERROR 180-322: Statement is not valid or it is used out of proper order.

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The error message tells you that the program is trying to compute the quantity

muobsj = mu * Dj;

and one of the quantities on the left hand side (probably mu) contains a missing value.

I am not familiar with the macro, but it looks like mu is the first column of the estimate covariance matrix that PROC MI creates by using the statement

EM outem = emcov;

so check the 'emcov' data set. The covariance matrix should never contain a missing value, so probably the way you are calling the macro is incorrect.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation