BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
EddieR333
Fluorite | Level 6
I think it's worth mentioning at this point, the file being sorted is only 192 KB.

I'm going to try and find a way to run the batch server using my user ID, and also with compress option.

The code runs fine in SAS EG again.
EddieR333
Fluorite | Level 6
I should have been more spefici here - I actually don't know. I was hoping to find a USER option where I could specify, but I don't think there is one?

With "-compress yes" added to the PuTTy code, I still have the same error 😞
EddieR333
Fluorite | Level 6
I have compared both proc options outputs in Word - nothing about user is different 😕
EddieR333
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks Kurt, outputs:

in SAS: edwardrichards@tu.local

in batch PuTTy: edwardrichards

I have also foundthat the options: METAPROFILE, METASERVER & METAAUTORESOURCES all have different values set. I will try to add these and let you know the outcome.

thanks again.
EddieR333
Fluorite | Level 6
Unfortunately, no luck for me here. The sysget)USER).
When ran in batch, it still outputs 'edwardrichards' without the metaserver suffix.

I think I will have to park this one and find another solution for parallel processing. (Here's hoping we get SAS/CONNECT).

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation