BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Abastaki
Calcite | Level 5

I'm having an issues creating the pg1 library as instructed in programming essentials, lesson 2 Accessing data. 

i know where my files are, i've tried manipulating the path in each way possible (libname pg1 '/folders/myfolders'; As instructed) tried libname pg1 '/folders/myfolders/EPG1V2'; and libname pg1 'folders/myfolder/EPG1V2/data'. I even tried both Virtual machines and i always end up with a PG1 empty library. 

I don't know what seems to be the problem.

i'm using Windows 10 

SAS university edition 

I need all the files to show under PG1 library. how can i get that done??Screenshot (4)_LI.jpgScreenshot (6).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Please watch THIS video:
https://youtu.be/5vfd_jt8ttc and then go back to the Course Overview and Data Setup section in the course and make sure you follow ALL the instructions to make the data for the class. It is NOT just enough to unzip the zip file contents into your shared folder location. You MUST run the data creation program.
At the end of the video, you will see that there are 5 subfolders underneath the EPG1V2 folder location: activities, data, demos, output and practices. The PG1 library just points to the data subfolder and should have quite a few (over 20! ) SAS data sets in the folder.
The fact that you do not see data in the PG1 library makes me suspect that either you don't have your shared folders set up correct or you did not follow all the instructions as shown in the video.
Hope this helps,
Cynthia

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Abastaki
Calcite | Level 5
How do I do that??

AhmedAl_Attar
Ammonite | Level 13

in SAS Studio, Click on the "Servers Files & Folders" in the Left Navigation Panel, then browse down to the folder of your course programs, double click on the *.sas file, that will open it in SAS Studio, then you submit it

Hope this helps,

Ahmed 

Abastaki
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your reply Ahmed,

i do have the files in the server folders as you mentioned. the problem is i can't run any codes because the Library pg1 is empty. 

I need the files to be in the pg1 library also, how can i do that?

thanks,

AhmedAl_Attar
Ammonite | Level 13

@Abastaki 

First - Check the setting on your SAS University Edition Virtual machine

Annotation 2020-06-27 163451.png

Second - Within SAS Studio, Check the properties of your "My Folder"

Annotation 2020-06-27 163703.png

Third - Ensure using correct paths in your libname statements, based on the information gathered from the above two pics

i.e.

Physically on my Personal desktop, I have placed all my SAS related files under

This PC\Documents\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders\.......

In SAS Studio that would translate to

/folders/myfolders/......

Therefore, as long as you have physically placed all your SAS related contents under C:\.....\myfolders\, you can reference it in SAS Studio as /folders/myfolders/<DirectoryName>/<file name>

Your pg1 library has to be defined as

LIBNAME pg1 "/folders/myfolders/EPG1V2/data";

I think, you'll need to open and modify This PC\Documents\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders\EPG1V2\createdata.sas

and make sure to use the same path as in the above libname statement, in order to create the sample data sets there.

Hope this clarify it for you.

Ahmed

Abastaki
Calcite | Level 5

Appreciate your help Ahmed,

After going thru the steps you kindly provided everything seems to be in line here. 

The Virtual Machine's Path is set correctly, Folder property also. Even the library path is correctly defined but i'm still encountering errors. 

Screenshot (12).pngScreenshot (13).pngScreenshot (14).pngScreenshot (15).png

AhmedAl_Attar
Ammonite | Level 13

Did you modify & run/submit the createdata.sas file?

Abastaki
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, as mentioned in the instructions. 

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Please watch THIS video:
https://youtu.be/5vfd_jt8ttc and then go back to the Course Overview and Data Setup section in the course and make sure you follow ALL the instructions to make the data for the class. It is NOT just enough to unzip the zip file contents into your shared folder location. You MUST run the data creation program.
At the end of the video, you will see that there are 5 subfolders underneath the EPG1V2 folder location: activities, data, demos, output and practices. The PG1 library just points to the data subfolder and should have quite a few (over 20! ) SAS data sets in the folder.
The fact that you do not see data in the PG1 library makes me suspect that either you don't have your shared folders set up correct or you did not follow all the instructions as shown in the video.
Hope this helps,
Cynthia
AhmedAl_Attar
Ammonite | Level 13
Couldn't be more clearer than this!
Reeza
Super User
Show the log from that first line of code only - from your first post. That should be the correct version, assuming you've set up everything correctly.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation