BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
medic
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I'm trying to plot a loglog vs log graph using PROC LIFETEST in SAS, so that I can check the proportional hazard assumption with the data.

However, since I'm dealing with a very large data (appx. 7-million records) the system stops running with the error saying:

ERROR: JVM(Java virtual machine) exception. java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space.

After with some searching, I increased the memory capacity from 128m to 1024m but the problem remains same.

Would there be any better options to plot the graph? or is there any other way (that my computer can handle) to check the proportional hazard assumption?

Thanks in advance

ods graphics on;
proc lifetest data=data plot=(lls) notable;
time tte*outcome(0);
strata treatment;
run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Did you try just outputting the results to a dataset and writing your own code to make a graph?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Did you try just outputting the results to a dataset and writing your own code to make a graph?

medic
Fluorite | Level 6
that seems reasonable. Thanks.
Could you help a little more about how I can get the results as a dataset?
PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

Add the line below to your code 🙂

ods output LogNegLogSurvivalPlot=LogNegLogSurvivalPlot;

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation