BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
thesasuser
Pyrite | Level 9

We have SAS 9.4 installed on a windows server.

Often users get the error  "insufficient authorization  to access the file [SASCONFIG]\Lev1\SASApp\sasgraph.png" .
On investigation it was observed that multiple user's are executing some procedure ( for example proc reg.) that creates a graph with the default name sasgraph.png.
While the first user is able to create a graph , any subsequent attempt  results in an error.
Wondering if there is a feasible solution for preventing this from happening ?

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS users should not be writing to that folder location at all because it is a SAS installation folder. All non-admin SAS users should have read-only access. I have seen that behaviour myself too. Can you please post an example of the code causing that problem.

thesasuser
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks @SASKiwi  @Tom  for the response.
SAS users have read only access to that folder. No write access.
I used the following sample code and was run by different users. For some sasgraph.png was produced in the [SASApp] folder for others it was not.

proc reg data=sashelp.class plots =(DiagnosticsPanel ResidualPlot(smooth));
model weight=age height / vif spec hcc HCCMETHOD=3;
output out=result r=Residual predicted=pred;
plot r.*p.;
run;

All users user SAS EG to execute code on the server.

As a further note the SASINITIALFOLDER option is to set to the [SASAPP] folder.

As a side note, I do see user files being dropped in [SASApp] folder on rare occasions. None of the users have write access to this location.

Thanks.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS obeys Windows permissions. I can only assume that SAS users who were able to write to SASApp had the Windows permissions to do so otherwise they would get the error you've posted about.

Try the workarounds in the SAS Note @Tom links to.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

If you are using ODS graphs to make graphs you have to tell ODS where to create the PNG files it makes.  Otherwise it tries to make them in the current working directory.  But if you launched SAS using a front-end tool like SAS/Studio or Enterprise Guide then you normally do not have write access to the current working directory.

Try something like in this help file.  https://support.sas.com/kb/49/421.html

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation