BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
gothaggis
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a linux server and am trying to get proc traj working for users.  The instructions say "Place the traj executable in its own directory, and add that directory to your config file in the -PATH option list."

Is there some way to have multiple path options in the sasv9.cfg file?  My current path looks like this "-PATH !SASROOT/sasexe"

I tried adding a new line so it looks like this

-PATH !SASROOT/sasexe

-PATH /opt/trajv9-unix/c/

but no difference.

the only thing that seems to "work" is placing the traj file in this locations: /usr/local/SASHome/SASFoundation/9.4/sasexe/

Users say they no longer get an error, but also no results are output.  I tried running the test code that comes with proc traj (trajtest.sas) and it completes, but I don't see anything in the results window in SAS Studio. I have also tried running it command line - which also outputs a .log file, but that's it (log just has the full code in it and some loging info about time taken, page faults, etc).  

Is this expected behavior?  Shouldn't there be results outputted somehow?

I should note that I am not a SAS programmer - I am a systems admin. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gothaggis
Fluorite | Level 6

Just wanted to update this in case anyone else comes across this issue

removing the quotes around the paths fixed that issue with the PATH. 

In order to get PROC TRAJ working in SAS studio, the macros that come with the download (traj*.sas) have to be copied to: !SASROOT/SASFoundation/9.4/sasautos/  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User
You can have multiple paths. See how the SASHELP library is defined in the cfg file, since that has multiple paths listed with it.
Reeza
Super User
And PROC TRAJ is not a SAS product, you need to contact the authors/creators for support.
gothaggis
Fluorite | Level 6

yeah I tried using something like:

-PATH (
              '!SASROOT/sasexe'
              '/opt/traj/'
)

however this results in an error when trying to log in: "The launch of the server process failed due to an invalid or inaccessible LOG file."

I get the same error even when using:

-PATH (
              '!SASROOT/sasexe'
)
gothaggis
Fluorite | Level 6

Just wanted to update this in case anyone else comes across this issue

removing the quotes around the paths fixed that issue with the PATH. 

In order to get PROC TRAJ working in SAS studio, the macros that come with the download (traj*.sas) have to be copied to: !SASROOT/SASFoundation/9.4/sasautos/  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation