BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sam_sas2
Obsidian | Level 7

So I am currently trying to modify the position of my PROC LIFETEST output. 

I was able to generate an HTML output, did inspect element and move the tables around as I needed. 

Now, is there a way for me to code it into SAS to make sure the changes are permanent?

7 REPLIES 7
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Show us the "before" and "after" output so we can see what you are talking about. Please use the "Insert Photos" icon to include screen captures in your reply.

--
Paige Miller
sam_sas2
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey, thanks for replying!

Before:

sam_sas2_0-1652288553783.png

After:

sam_sas2_1-1652288563269.png

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
If you want to put the tables side-by-side with the graph, then you'll need to write your own ODS LAYOUT and ODS REGION statements to do that.
Cynthia
sam_sas2
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Cynthia!

Thanks for the response!
Could you tell me how to refer the table in an ODS layout statement? I’m only aware of using the ods layout statement with a proc prints!
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
ODS LAYOUT and ODS REGION can be used with more than just PROC PRINT. I don't exactly understand what you mean by refer to the table. ODS LAYOUT and ODS REGION define areas in the output where the procedure will place the table. So in a sense, think of it like control statements. ODS LAYOUT and ODS REGION get specified first, to define an area in the output. Next, you have a procedure that's going to produce a table or graph and the destination will put the table or graph into the defined area. So the ODS LAYOUT and ODS REGION are controlling statements. If you want 2 areas, side by side, you'd define 1 row and 2 columns. If you want 2 areas side by side with 1 area underneath, then you'd define 2 rows, with 2 columns in the 1st row and 1 column in the 2nd row. In this case, you're not defining table rows, you're dividing the output area into areas or regions that will contain your procedure output.
Take a look at the papers, I think it will make more sense then.
Cynthia

Here are some user group papers with examples: https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings10/216-2010.pdf and https://www.lexjansen.com/phuse/2019/dv/DV03.pdf and https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings15/SAS1836-2015.pdf.
Reeza
Super User

Usually easier to modify the style templates or create a custom template.

sam_sas2
Obsidian | Level 7

I couldn't find a good resource where template was used to modify existing PROC output layouts. I did find on updating the content and color but not the position!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation