BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
David_Billa
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Is there a way to increase the memory with some SAS Options while creating the temp table in SQL Server database with the following code. There are millions of records in CUSTOMER table and I don't want to see any shortage of memory issue in future.

Proc Sql;
                Create table _etltmp."##temp_input_&unique_num."n as 
                    Select * from CUSTOMER;
            quit;
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

While talking to you SQL Server admins, you can use the terms FILEGROWTH and AUTOGROW.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/statements/alter-database-transact-sql-file-and-filegroup...

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Are you referring to SQL Server table space?

I think you configure that on database level, and there's options to have it automatically grow.

I can't see that there should be any memory issues on the SAS side (RAM?)

If you are concerned about disk on SAS side, make sure you have enough space in your saswork location.

Data never sleeps
David_Billa
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

@LinusH yes, I'm referring to SQL Server table space. May I know the Options to SQL Server table space?

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

While talking to you SQL Server admins, you can use the terms FILEGROWTH and AUTOGROW.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/statements/alter-database-transact-sql-file-and-filegroup...

Data never sleeps

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation