BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AndrewJones
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,  We have recently had SAS Office Analytics installed on a Windows server, which means that we now have "SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files" installed, but we don't have the PC Files server installed (don't ask me why - I wasn't involved in the installation).  I was trying to import data from a .mdb using SAS EG 7.15, but when I try the following code

proc import datatable="vehicle_details" dbms=access out=code44 replace;
		database="\\server\code44.mdb";
run;

libname code44 "\\server\code44.mdb";

I get the error message 'ERROR: Connect: Class not registered'.  I believe I get this because the PC Files server is not installed.

Is there is a way of importing .mdb file into SAS without PC Files Server and if so, how?  Or do we need to install PC Files Server.  I know that the SAS version is 64bit and the Microsoft Office drivers are 32bit.  Is this the issue?

Thanks

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Note that, while xlsx is an openly documented format for which anybody can (legally) write an interface nowadays (and SAS has done exactly that), .mdb files have a proprietary format for which you need a module supplied by Microsoft to access them, and that has to match the software that uses it in terms of bitness. It's also only available on Windows.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewJones
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I did, which is why I believe that I need to either install the PC Files Server or change the drivers, but I was hoping that there was a simple programming solution, rather than relying on other people to make changes for me.  The page is over a year old, so I hoped that there was now a different solution.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

This page is the authoritative source for fixing your problem. What did you find when you worked through it? Bitness mismatch, missing ACE?

Have you made sure ACCESS to PC Files is actually installed and licensed (proc product_status, proc setinit)?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Note that, while xlsx is an openly documented format for which anybody can (legally) write an interface nowadays (and SAS has done exactly that), .mdb files have a proprietary format for which you need a module supplied by Microsoft to access them, and that has to match the software that uses it in terms of bitness. It's also only available on Windows.

AndrewJones
Obsidian | Level 7

It was a bitness mismatch.  Thanks for the replies, I now know that my hope was in vain and I will need to get the IT dept to makes some changes.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation